TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Applications. These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers traveling on the vehicle. If the hirer is a company, group, or partnership, an individual must be named as a responsible person (lead passenger). The hirer is responsible for actions and decisions of all passengers on board including any additional cost incurred in performing the contract, whether or not they actually travel with the party. Big Minibus Limited will only accept instructions from the hirer.
If the hirer is not going to travel with the party, a representative must be chosen, and Big Minibus Limited informed prior to the hire taking place. Bookings are subject to Availability. Notification of supply will be sent in three working days of order. Errors and Omissions accepted.
2. Quotations. Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route and on information provided by the hirer. The route used will be at the discretion of Big Minibus Limited unless it has been particularly specified by the hirer, in which case it will be clearly be shown on the confirmation. All quotations are given subject to Big Minibus Limited having availability and suitable vehicles at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 24 hours unless otherwise notified. Quotations are given for Vehicle and driver only. Any additional charges will be separately identified and will be the hirer’s responsibility unless otherwise specified. All quotations are given as estimates, though the estimate will normally be a fixed price, there may be extra costs such as mileage, waiting, parking etc. This is per our standard tariff
3. Use of vehicles. The hirer cannot assume use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor to remain at the destination for the hirer’s use, unless Big Minibus Limited has agreed this in advance. And clearly states this on your confirmation
4. Routes and Time Variation. Big Minibus Limited reserves the right to levy additional charges, for additional mileage or time other than that agreed. The charges will be pro rata and in accordance with the formula used on the original booking confirmation.
The vehicle will depart at times agreed by the hirer, and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times.
Big Minibus Limited will not accept any liability for any losses incurred by passengers who fail to follow instructions by the hirer.
5. Drivers Hours. Law regulates the hours of operation for the driver, and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by Big Minibus Limited. Neither the hirer nor any passenger shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to the driver’s hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur the hirer will be responsible for any additional cost incurred unless it is outside the control of the hirer. Any additional cost will be as in condition 4. Big Minibus Limited also reserves the right to curtail or alter any hire, which does not comply with the relevant regulations
6. Seating Capacity. Big Minibus Limited at the time of booking agrees the legal seating capacity of the vehicle to be supplied. The hirer must not load this vehicle beyond this capacity.
7. Conveyance of animals. On a private hire, no animals (other than guide dogs for the blind or deaf and should be notified to the company in advance) May be carried on any vehicle without prior written agreement from the company.
8. Confirmation. Normally, written confirmation by Big Minibus Limited is the only basis for the acceptance of a hiring or subsequent alteration to its terms.
9. Payment. All bookings are confirmed by the payment in advance of a 50% non-refundable deposit. Any deposit requested must be paid by the day stated to confirm the booking. Payments must be made in full, prior to the journey or as soon as the journey is booked, if it falls within the 14 day advance payment period, or unless otherwise agreed by the Big Minibus Limited. Alternatively if the hirer has a credit agreement with the company, the terms are for the payment to be received in our company offices within 14 days from the date of invoice.
10. Additional Charges. Big Minibus Limited reserves the right to charge the customer for any additional cost and expenses reasonably incurred by the company in order to perform or to continue to perform the contract. (Parking, road tolls or overnight accommodation)
11. Airport collections. If a passenger fails to arrive within 1 hour of the aircraft landing. The passenger will be called on their mobile if supplied. We will check via the authorities at the respective ports. We will also check with the airline. We will advise the client and ask for further information. If following the above procedures the passenger/s does not make themselves known to Big Minibus Limited’s representative the representative shall be entitled to assume that the passenger did not arrive at the port or has made alternative arrangements. And then leave the port under no obligation to the hirer.
All airport parking charges are in addition to the journey charge. For account customers parking charges will be added to the account, pre paid customers will be required to pay the parking on the vehicle leaving the car park
12. Cancellation by the Hirer. If the hirer wishes to cancel any agreement, for whatever reason, the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge.
DAYS of NOTICE to CANCEL PRIOR TO THE ORIGINAL DATE OF VEHICLE HIRE:
10 days or more 40% of the hire charge will apply
6-9 days 50% of the hire charge will apply
3-5 days 65% of the hire charge will apply
2 days 75% of the hire charge will apply
1 day 85% of the hire charge will apply
On day of hire 100% 0f hire
The cost of accommodation, meals, and theatre tickets (or any such ancillary services), which have already been booked or purchased by Big Minibus Limited prior to the cancellation and at the request of the hirer, will be charged to the hirer, plus any administration charges incurred by the company. Big Minibus Limited will give credit for refunds obtained (If Any) Cancellation due to inclement weather conditions will be charged as above.
13. Cancellation by the Big Minibus Limited. In the event of any emergency, riot, civil commotion, strike, lock out, stoppage or on the restraint of labour or on the happening of any event on which the company has no control. (Including adverse weather road conditions and breakdowns) Or in the event of the hirer taking any action to vary agreed conditions unilaterally, Big Minibus Limited may, by returning all money paid and without any further or other liability, cancel the contract.
14. Vehicle to be provided. Big Minibus Limited reserves the right to provide an alternative or larger vehicle than that specified at no additional charge unless any extra seats are used, in which an additional pro rata charge will be made to the hire charge. Big Minibus Limited reserves the right to substitute another vehicle or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hire, subject to such substitutes being of equivalent quality.
15. Breakdowns or Delays. Big Minibus Limited gives its advice on journey times in good faith. However, as a result of a breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances Big Minibus Limited will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
16. Agency Arrangements. Where Big Minibus Limited hires it’s vehicles from other operators at the request of the hirer and where Big Minibus Limited arranges ancillary facilities such as meals, accommodation, ferries, admission tickets or any service provided by another supplier it does so as an agent for and behalf of the hirer. Any terms and conditions imposed by such other suppliers through Big Minibus Limited shall, insofar as they are supplied to the hirer, be binding on the hirer as if he had directly contracted such services. The hirer shall indemnify Big Minibus Limited against any loss, claim, damage or award in respect of a breach of such supplier’s terms and conditions brought about by the hirer’s action.
17. Package Travel Regulation. If the hirer organises other elements of a package in addition to the provision of transport, the hirer may be defined as ‘Organiser’ for the purpose of the Package Travel, Package holidays and Package tours Regulations 1992, and as such, shall comply with the provisions of those Regulations In this instance Big Minibus Limited cannot accept any liability that may be incurred for losses or damage that it would otherwise accept under the terms of those Regulations. The hirer accepts responsibility for ensuring whether they are so defined, and Big Minibus Limited cannot accept loss or damage incurred that should have been the responsibility of the hirer if the hirer was the legally defined organiser or retailer. Where Big Minibus Limited acts as an organiser or retailer, it will issue separate conditions of trading relating to its liabilities and responsibilities under the Regulations.
18. Passengers Property. All vehicles provided by Big Minibus Limited are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passenger’s property is carried, and the hirer should take all steps to notify Big Minibus Limited in advance of such requirements. Big Minibus Limited will take all reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage to the personal property of the hirer and its passengers. The hirer should notify Big Minibus Limited or the driver if items of exceptional value are to be carried on the vehicle. It is the hirer’s responsibility to minimise risk of loss when property is left unattended. All articles of lost property recovered from the vehicles will be held at the company’s premises where the vehicles are based, and will be subject to current public service vehicle (lost property) Regulations. Big Minibus Limited will provide details of the legislation on request. Unfortunately, we are unable to take responsibility for the loss of property left in the vehicle at any time or under any circumstances.
19. Conduct of Passengers. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times, and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety or is in breach of Public Service Vehicle (Conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers) Regulations 1990. These Regulations set out certain rights and responsibilities on all parties, and full details of these can be obtained from Big Minibus Limited on request.
The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by any passenger for the duration of the hire. Where the hire is to a sporting event the hirer should be aware of the legal requirements relating to alcohol, contained in the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1995, and the condition of entry to racecourses as laid down by the Race Course Association Ltd. The company will provide details of these restrictions on request.
20. Complaints. In the unlikely event of a complaint about Big Minibus Limited’s’ services, the hirer should endeavor to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver or from Big Minibus Limited. If this has not proved a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing and within 7 days of termination date of the hire.
21. Notices. No bill, poster, notice or signage is to be displayed on any vehicle without the written consent of Big Minibus Limited.
22. Refreshments and Alcoholic drinks. Food (except confectionery) and drink (Including Alcoholic Beverage) may not be consumed on the vehicle without prior written consent from Big Minibus Limited.
23. Surcharges. Once a confirmation has been issued to the hirer providing there are 30 days prior to the departure date, Big Minibus Limited reserves the right to pass on increases in the cost of fuel, taxes imposed by the Governments of the UK and of other countries to be visited during the journey, road tolls and foreign currency, No surcharge will be levied within 30 days of departure. On notification of such surcharges, the hirer may cancel the booking subject to the scale of cancellation charges shown in paragraph 12.
24. Liability of Big Minibus Limited. The liability of Big Minibus Limited in respect of any failure to provide any services under the contract will be limited to the cost of the hirer and any ancillary services to be supplied. Big Minibus Limited shall not be liable for any pecuniary or consequential loss allegedly arising from any breach of this agreement by Big Minibus Limited.
25. Cleaning Charge. All Big Minibus vehicles are hired to the hirer in a state of cleanliness fit for the purpose of hire. Bins and or rubbish bags will be provided for general litter. Excess rubbish beyond normal litter and if the vehicle is soiled in anyway, e.g. vomit, we reserve the right to levy a cleaning charge of £100, to enable the vehicle to be professionally cleaned. By agreeing to our terms and conditions, this is deemed as acceptance that you are formally agreeing to these terms. Accounts customers will be invoiced accordingly. Prepaid customers agree to pay charges by return of post once cleaning invoice has been received.